Thursday, August 3, 2017

Back to reality! Last of vacation posts.

We got home yesterday after what felt like waiting forever at the airport... Apparently there is a rule that the skies have to be lightning-free for 15 minutes before a plane could take off. I knew about an hour before our flight that we were more than likely going to run into a storm which would probably delay the flight (airline luck, right!?) and low and behold, we did! First they changed terminals so that the passengers could take the ramp directly into the plane rather than walking outside, and then we sat on the runway for another good 45 minutes. Poor Lilah did not like that, which led to some of the passengers maybe not being too thrilled that there was an irritated baby on the flight. However, we didn't hear, or see any anger so that's always a plus. In fact, two ladies made it a point to let us know we shouldn't worry about it and how precious she is. I love when the good outweighs the bad! 

Vacation was a breath of fresh air and came right when I apparently needed it. If you didn't see my Facebook post, Frankie got sprayed by a skunk for the very first time in his life at 11PM the night before I left. Standing out in my backyard after I'd just taken a shower and washing a dog freshly sprayed by skunk isn't exactly what I had in mind for my trip preparation. Although, I'm happy to report that it could've been a lot worse and Sir Franklin was just fine from the whole experience and the stench is almost entirely gone! (8 days later... whomp, whomp)


Here is a quick recap (and final post) of our Nelson/Cox/Parsons/Buckus/Lindsey girls vacation.



Little Miss Lilah got her first pair of chucks and you're lying if you say you've seen anyone wear 'em better than her. 


I snapped this super quick, but I definitely had the best view in the car. I got to share a part of the back seat with her the whole week and took every opportunity I could to make her smile and laugh. It's not a difficult thing to do, but boy is it SO worth it every time! 


These eyes. I mean... 


We also got to take advantage of the beach and snap some "first birthday" pictures. Her actual birthday isn't until August 25 (and I'm taking in every second of her still being a "baby" until then), but talk about a champ and PERFECT model. 












Scenes from my great grandmothers dining room. Look familiar? I guess I know where my plant obsession comes from.






Just an FYI - If you give me fresh lobster then I *may* fall in love with you.


I had Lobster for dinner but my great grandma found her new boyfriend. She's a trip... But what a doll! 


I also found out that my great grandma keeps record of all the movies she has seen, who she saw them with, and a quick 2-5 word review. I may have gotten my plant obsession from her, but sadly I had to disagree with some of her movie critiques. (I love The Big Lebowski, like LOVE)




I fell in love with a gloomy beach... 




Friday night we sat at the sandy white beaches and listened to Mike Sale sing us in to love with the moment. He's from Chicago and plans on doing a "great lakes tour". I'll be sure to check him out if he comes to Cleveland! 


Apparently playing the drums at sunset is a form of talking to the Gods? It was definitely a form of beauty. I'm kind of jealous of everyone who gets to do this tomorrow (Friday).

Well, if you followed along, then thank you!! I really enjoyed this trip and hope to do it again in the future. I'm happy to be home with my mister and the pup but this vacation will always have a spot in my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment