Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Links of interest



Hey there! Hope you're having a great week so far. There are so many things for me to look forward to coming up. I can't wait to share them all. For now, I want to share what I'm currently finding interest in! 

Do you watch Game of Thrones? Can we talk about it? I love keeping up with this site for all of my GoT fan needs. I also listen to their podcast "Binge Mode" which is my favorite of the many that are out there.


I didn't necessarily "quit" the internet, but I feel like Aziz Ansari hit the nail on the head with this article. I'm particularly in total agreement with this excerpt: 


"Whenever you check for a new post on Instagram or whenever you go on The New York Times to see if there's a new thing, it's not even about the content. It's just about seeing a new thing. You get addicted to that feeling. You're not going to be able to control yourself. So the only way to fight that is to take yourself out of the equation and remove all these things. What happens is, eventually you forget about it. You don't care anymore. When I first took the browser off my phone, I'm like, [gasp] How am I gonna look stuff up?But most of the shit you look up, it's not stuff you need to know. All those websites you read while you're in a cab, you don't need to look at any of that stuff. It's better to just sit and be in your own head for a minute. I wanted to stop that thing where I get home and look at websites for an hour and a half, checking to see if there's a new thing. And read a book instead. I've been doing it for a couple months, and it's worked. I'm reading, like, three books right now. I'm putting something in my mind. It feels so much better than just reading the Internet and not remembering anything."



Have you ever eaten at Choolah? If not, then I would highly recommend it. Incredible food and such a nice, well-taken care of restaurant. I am impressed every single time! It quickly became one of mine and Cade's favorite places to grab lunch on the weekends.



I made a figgy stonefruit jam over the weekend! I want to post specifically about this jam so I'll save the details for then... In the meantime, just know that it's really, really good. (and pretty!)

In my quest for ultimate health and happiness, I've been finding a lot of inspiration from other wellness blogs. Lee from America (blog: here) is incredible! I also basically keep this Ted Talk in my back pocket when I need a pick-me-up. I've shared it on my FB in the past, but I really think everyone should listen to the words in it. Beautiful! 

Since the cooler weather will be making it's way here soon, I've began crocheting again! It's so calming and peaceful and it's actually putting my spare time towards something tangible! I want to learn more stitches, and how to make a sweater (specifically this one.). Right now I'm pretty set on a big blanket, but I have to take breaks to keep it interesting. 




That's all for today! I can't believe August is almost over! Where is this year going?!


No comments:

Post a Comment