Tuesday, August 15, 2017

WSM [pt. I] + Bakersfield

Hello, hello again! I hope your week is off to a better start than mine, but I'll get into that in another post. Life sure knows how to throw the best, most confusing curve balls right when you were expecting to be intentionally walked, am I right? But I'm not here to complain, I'm here to continue my Cleveland Series! This week I am showing you our venture to the West Side Market (WSM), a quick pumpkin beer at Market Garden followed by a mouth-watering-ly good meal at Bakersfield with our all-time favorite - JB. 


I watched a documentary one time about how the people in European countries purchase groceries almost daily, or several times a week with the purpose of using the ingredients right away as opposed to storing them. Anyway, every time I come to the WSM I have envy and wish I could be one of those people. Mainly so I can come here every day, but also because I love the idea of having fresh food on the daily.










FROMAGE! Cheese is my weakness.




Now comes the fun part - Take everything you just purchased and do your best to make it fit in the small cooler. Typically, we would just go home afterwards (we live 15 minutes away); but on this day we were meeting a friend for lunch and didn't have time to run home. But we made it work! (see below)




Picture this: 72 degrees, just enough sun to feel a gentle warmth while the cool breeze keeps you from getting too hot. And then...


you're handed pumpkin beer! We only had one so that we're not tempted too much to throw a sweater on, but it was a glorious moment in our day.






Cheese may be my first weakness, but tacos are up there too! Although... Come to think of it, my taco's didn't have cheese on them. Oh well, they were so good who would even notice? When one goes to Bakersfield, one MUST get the fish taco. BEST!


JB. It's true, Bakersfield has the best taco's in all of Cleveland, but when you get good service, you come back. Like, a lot. You come back and specifically ask to be seated in JB's section because you know somehow those tacos are going to taste better and you're going to have a much better time. I'm a little sad that we only have so many more meals left while enjoying JB's company there, but I'm equally happy that he's doing his "thang" and hitting the road to continue his never ending quest! You will be missed, JB! (But make sure to come back to Cleveland, darnit!)



I also want to point out (for anyone that may not know) WSM, Market Garden and Bakersfield are all near each other. So you can park and walk to all of them to enjoy a spectacular combination of fresh food shopping, pumpkin beer sipping, and incredible service with taco's on the side. (REMEMBER: FISH TACO'S).


Have a wonderful week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment