Monday, August 7, 2017

My plans with Cleveland.





If you've had any form of a conversation with me in the last year and few months then you know I have a deep love for Cleveland that I never really thought could exist. To be totally honest, when we started looking for a place to call home here, I had my doubts. Should we live on the east, or west side? What can we afford? Where is the least amount of crime? And so on and so forth... I thought about my new commute to work (at the time I still worked in Kent) as well as visiting any family and friends. I know one hour doesn't sound like much, but its enough to impact the amount of times that I could do random dinners or get together with girlfriends. Fast forward a year later and I love it so much I can't imagine anything differently. I still have (most) of those friends and we still make efforts to see each other. I have new friends! I have new hobbies and favorite restaurants. I have a love for supporting local businesses because I'm surrounded by them. I've gotten to know people who work here and all of a sudden I have a love for the community as well. I by no means consider myself a true Cleveland-er and I don't know where I'll even be a year from now, but I know I've taken this experience and made the most of it. I'm still making the most of it too. 


I'm not alone with this feeling and Cade and I have had so many discussions about our future and where we want to travel or live, but we always say that we'd be OK to come back home, to North East Ohio. Who knows, but I'm ready for all of it. 

In the mean time, I want to brag on my city... I want to brag on these local businesses and the people who make them better. I want to brag on our favorite breweries and eateries. So, I look forward to sharing them with you and I hope at the very least you'll read them in support... But I also kind of hope that it encourages you to come to "The Land" and check them out for yourself. I may not leave a mark on Cleveland, but Cleveland is leaving it's mark on me. 

I want to call this my Cleveland series, and I plan to start it ASAP. I know most of you who read this primarily communicate through Facebook so feel free to request more information, or make a suggestion. This won't be ONLY places I've been too. I also want to explore some new places too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment