Monday, February 26, 2024

Childhood Conversations

OK so picture this. I’m sitting outside a little after 7PM, it’s dark and I’m watching, waiting for Franklin to do his business so we can go back inside. It feels really nice outside and it’s quiet. I’ve just finished Maeve’s bedtime so now I am stepping into those sweet couple of hours where I have “me” time (or, us time – Cade and I are unapologetically connected at the hip; when will I get sick of him?!) There are some little girls jumping on the trampoline next door and I can hear them giggling and talking. A tiny fight erupts and I hear “you can’t be mad at me because I know how to do something that you don’t” and then all I hear are muffles before I eventually hear “No! If I fart I’m going to poop!”

I laughed – not out loud! I don’t want to be a creep. But it was funny.

It reminded me of my childhood and those stupid conversations you’d have with friends when you’re growing up. When you just said stuff that was on your mind, unfiltered. Not gossip, not political, not opinionated… just chatter!

My best conversations recently are exactly this, just chatter.

I’ve been pretty happy lately. It feels weird to say that, you know? Like I’m bragging… or worse, I like am going to jinx it. I’ve told a few people now that sometimes I feel like I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But then, we watched Soul the other night and I’ve been reading this book about trauma and healing and what I’m saying is that there have been a lot of reminders for me to live in the moment and I’ve been working on that a lot lately. There is something to be said for that.

Anyway, I’m saying all of this to say that if you’re going through a hard time, you should know that there is hope and better days ahead. It’s all waves; it comes and goes… Maybe this is a reminder for my future self. I don’t know… but I felt like sharing this.

I hope you’re well. I’m sending a lot of love to you if you need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment