Sunday, August 20, 2017

Ravioli amore (A Saturday night at-home fest!) [we cook!]


Yesterday at lunch Cade and I were trying to figure out what to do for dinner that night and one idea led into the next and by the end of the idea chain we landed on what felt like most anticipated Cade and Renee dinner there has ever been... Chicken basil ravioli! So we finished up our taco's and headed towards the grocery store to get all the fixin's. 


I'm going to be completely honest with you all and let you know that we did not write down any measurements and the reason for that is because we kiiiiiind of winged it. But those are the most fun dinners, right?! Anyway, some photos below of our fun-filled ravioli makin' Saturday night.



 





This was probably the most fun part for me. We cooked the chicken and then I shredded it. Once that was all shredded I added some freshly chopped basil into and minced them all down as much as I could. Then we mixed in the cheese, and voila! We had our filling.












 I wish I'd gotten more pictures of me making the sauce, but for someone who's never made a parmigiana garlic sauce, it turned out pretty stellar (and incredibly tasty!).




Fini! Once they were all filled and wrapped up, we threw 'em on a tray and let them chill for 20? maybe 30 minutes in the fridge...




Check those out! Again, we're amateurs but proud ones at that! 






I can't tell if this picture looks appetizing or not (I'm biased though), but I can assure you it was the best ravioli I've ever eaten in my life. 




And there you have it! Cade + Renee made chicken basil ravioli in a creamy parmigiana garlic sauce ALL from scratch. I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment