Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Life Lately! (Can fall start early this year?)



Hello! I hope your week is going well so far! I went outside on Monday to (carefully) see if I could watch any part of the eclipse, but sadly it did not happen. Although, I have watched many videos of it within the path of totality. Apparently the next one will be in 2024 and it's path will be from Texas to Maine which means us Ohioans will get to see it. Woot, woot! 


Also, I am one of those people who are ready for fall to happen ASAP. I keep hoping to look at the 10-day forecast and see the weather plummet down into the 60's but apparently August isn't having it. Oh well, I'll just keep lighting my pumpkin candles until the cooler weather is ready to come around. 





This isn't the best picture, but late last week we had some bananas that were (very quickly) going bad so I decided to make banana bread! It's a recipe I've never made before that used no sugar, dairy, or gluten. I was slightly nervous at how it would turn out, but that quickly went away when I had my first bite. Delicious! 




This is from another post that I will put up soon, but we went on a double date to Saucy Brew Works and I can't tell you enough how much I love their pizza. Specifically their new haven style margherita ones.




Cade and I went hiking on Saturday after a pretty comical chain of events. I read up on a 2.8 mile trail through Mill Creek that lead to the falls, which... is apparently the tallest waterfall in NE Ohio. So of course, I had to see it. Anyway, we get our hiking boots on and head out the door. We get to the park, start on the trail and after one turn and 30'ish feet, we were back in the parking lot! So, no luck there. Although, I did happen to snap a couple pictures of the waterfall. I fully intend on finding this trail and getting to the bottom of the falls. It will happen! 




Cade and I, being ones who never back down from a good hike, decided to head over to Rocky River instead and find a new trail that we hadn't been on yet. This one was perfect! It was totally secluded, runs parallel to the river, and was even shallow enough that we could walk in it with Frankie while he cooled off! (see below)





I've also been doing my best to read a lot more lately. Recently, I read this book. Once I made it out of the first chapter I was sold. Very good! If you can get past the language in the book (hence the title) then I would suggest it. Good stories and how they relate to your every day life.  


So, that's it for now! This Friday is my niece's first birthday and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. One thing is for sure though, time stands still for no man (or begging aunt)... I can't wait to see her and celebrate 365 days of her life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment