Sunday, August 27, 2017

A first birthday for Lilah!


Before I get started I just want to say really, super quickly; HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT THAT FACE AND NOT FEEL THE PUREST FORM OF HAPPINESS?!


OK, glad I got that out of the way. NOW, let's recap the exciting day that was Lilah Rae's first birthday! 



My girl. She turns me into a ball of mush and all of a sudden I'm happy to lose focus on everything so I can chase her around, wipe her boogies with my bare hands, and stop her from putting that dead bug in her mouth. On my worst, and best day I'd still want to be chasing her. 

















For obvious reasons, I've always had a deep love for my sister... But seeing her as a mom makes me look up to her. We might have different timelines for becoming "mommies" but I genuinely look forward to confiding in her when my day comes (whenever that might be).










Happy (now, late) Birthday Lilah! I can't believe you're a year old. I can't believe how much I love you and I can't believe how much you've changed my life. That was only year one and I know it's only going to get better. I love you 'peanut'. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment