Monday, October 23, 2017

remembering it all.

^^From the day that Cade got the job.

Yesterday morning, Cade and I were out to breakfast and I quickly took out my phone to snap a picture of our full table .. I had no intention of doing anything with that picture, other than to keep it for a memory. So that one day, when I'm scrolling through my photo's I'll remember that time that we went out to breakfast on a Sunday morning and had some pretty comical conversations while also talking about some things that we're proud of.

Am I alone in this? There was one point in time a few years ago when social media was becoming more popular (thanks to Instagram, for me) that I would only take photos that I could use for posting. Now, I take them to remember details in my days. I have so many random pictures that hold memories... It's so nice to have my own personal nostalgia lane to go down sometimes. 

So here's a brief glimpse of my very best memories. I want to remember...  


Frank in a hat. Cade and I took Sir Franks to the park and he wore this hat without any issue! I thought for sure it would've been thrown off in a millisecond. This was also the day of the Cav's championship parade and Cade and I were both off work for it.


my visit to Edgewater Park for the first time, shortly after moving to Cleveland. This was such a great day I had exploring Cleveland with Cade and I am so glad that I have photos to remember it.


the first time I met Lilah. All 5 lbs, 13 ounces of her. 


that I was having a bad day at work so I went to Rocky River to clear my mind. There's something about nature that makes me more of a forgiving person. I don't remember what I was upset about but I remember standing there watching these leaves gently move with the wind... The water, softly rushing in the back ground over rocks of every size. 


when my aunt came to town and we walked into this church (her request) off the street and the beauty and magnificence of it reminded me of somewhere I've never been before.


this first hat that I crocheted that came nowhere near fitting Lilah's head. In her defense, it was a very tiny hat.


Mexico... Sitting on a white-sand beach just breathing in the salty air. The warmth I felt on my face from the sun was a blanket protecting me of anything that I could possibly have to worry about in that moment.


how my mom never fails to get me the most beautiful flowers every birthday. More than anyone else, she has always made me feel the most special in this lifetime.


that time I went to Tucson and was blown away by how beautiful something so dry and lifeless could be.


the book that changed my life.


seeing my fearless, strong, emotionally rock solid brother become a ball of mush around her.


when I finally got out of my slump of not using my camera and took this photo with no tripod. It was like this waterfall, the lighting, and my camera all knew that I needed something to get me back into the swing of things.


when we decided to be active and silly on a cold and rainy Saturday morning instead of staying home in our PJ's like we thought we were going to do.


Finally, this. When Cade snapped a photo and edited it just because. It's thing like this that remind me of his love in ways that aren't words or random kisses. I imagined that he looked over, saw this scene and decided that he also wanted to always remember this.

Here's to the future and creating more memories for me to look back on.

Have a great week!



1 comment:

  1. I love random cell phone pictures! They seem to tell more a story about the day and the person taking them than the typical posed pictures on blog. Great round up

    Carly at A Modern Mom Blog

    ReplyDelete