Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A day with Lilah.

I created this post on Sunday (October 1) in the early afternoon... Before total darkness took over our country from what happened in Las Vegas. It's hard to focus on anything positive right now when so many are aching, and confused (myself included). However, I think it's SO important to find that glimmer of hope. Find something that makes you happy, count your blessings and don't forget to share your love. 

Quick story: every night before bed, I make a mental list of all of my blessings from that day. Saturday night, I was fighting sleep because my list was just so long (the day I'm going to talk about below). I think I even counted corn crops as a blessing... Anyway, I went to bed with a giant smile on my face and I slept so peacefully. It was a similar situation on Sunday night as well... I had a great weekend. But it ended so abruptly when I woke up on Monday morning. Monday night, when I went to bed it was hard to think of anything positive. I'm thankful for my family and friends and that I got to live one more day in this beautiful life... But it felt selfish. I fight with these feelings a lot but I always come back to focus on happy reminders. I hope you do too.

---



I mean, just look at her. Breaking your heart with sweetness, right? 

Last weekend, Cade and I met up with my mom and sister and we all took Lilah-loo to the Rufener's Fall Festival! Not only did I get to hold her for the barrel-tractor ride, but I also got to take her in the inflatable jump house, down the inflatable slide AND in the corn pit. Being an aunt has it's perks when it comes to doing things that are probably, really, only for kids. 




We were probably traveling at the speed of a snail, but nonetheless, it was exciting enough for her, which was exciting enough for me! Look at that face of pure excitement!! 


We barely fit in there, but still; we fit! 


This was, hands down, the best part of the day. Just a big ol' pit of corn that you can play in. My feet sunk directly to the bottom and Lilah could practically walk on top of it. 


Check out that kid in the background completely covered and living his best life.



She probably would've sat like this for hours... I know how much fun I was having in this (as a 20-something year old) so I can only imagine what it was like for her.


Guys, snot and all. I love that face! 

Can we do this again, stat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment