Sunday, October 1, 2017

Life Lately [Downtown CLE]

 
Hey there, hi there! I say something similar to that when I greet Frankie when I get home that goes "hey derr, hi derr, ho derr" and then I get sad thinking about Hodor. If you don't get that reference then you should cancel any plans you have over the next month or so and just binge watch all of Game of Thrones. You'll probably thank me. Or you'll hate me. But I hope its thanking me! I'm a sensitive one. 

Anyway, hi there! I have been working on a very personal blog post for some time now and every time I go to write a new post, I find myself looking at that one and thinking "is today the day?" and then it's always a hard "no". I know I'll get to it one day, but not today! Today I just wanted to share a quick little tidbit of my time at the Indians game with friends a few evenings ago, and then a few hours of exploring downtown afterwards. To be totally honest with you all, I don't go downtown very often because a.) too many people b.) too many trendy restaurants / bars that all have the same crowd / offer the same things and c.) parking (duh!). No offense to downtown, I just enjoy the outside areas a little more.

 



Honesty time! ... I really thought that an Indians game on a Thursday afternoon would've been at least a little bit quiet (a.k.a kind of dead'ish) but I was SO wrong. Look at all these people! It was more exciting than not and I'm so happy it ended up this way (even if it took me 30+ minutes to find a parking garage). Also, we won! 


 This was my FIRST (yes, you read that right; first) ever Moscow Mule! I know what you're saying - "so?" but I can't believe it's taken me this long. Not that I think I'll have one again, but because they've been so trendy and talked about... It shouldn't have taken me this long!


 Then we finished the day off with an early dinner at Masthead! We all tried each other's pizzas and maybe even lipsticks (ahem, Clinton!). Have I mentioned how much I love good friends?

 

After such an exciting Thursday night, I decided to stay in on Friday night. You might have seen this photo already, but I wanted to talk about it again really quickly. I tidied up, did all the dishes, got my 'jammies on, and lit my fall scented candles - by 6 o'clock. Then, I proceeded to pour myself a glass of this Buckwheat Orange from Western Reserve Meadery and put on Beauty and the Beast for the second night in a row. Cade walked in the door from work / happy hour with new colleagues right around the same time that our dinner was delivered and it was, like, the Friday night of my dreams. Lazy / productive / relaxing / comfortable. 

Posting this a little later than I originally planned to so rather than saying "happy weekend", I'm going to say "happy week ahead!". 


Also, HAPPY FRIGGIN' OCTOBER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment