Thursday, September 6, 2018

the good life in louisiana.


I recently went to Louisiana for a few reasons: 


  • Family
  • Food
  • Easy living (aka - vacation)

There is no such thing as too much family or too much easy living BUT, this trip might have proved that there is such a thing has too much food. Regardless, I'd do it again tomorrow! Cajun food is non-regrettable.

Because I am essentially doing a photo dump here, I'll refrain from using too many words... Enjoy the mass amount photos. 



We flew into New Orleans on a Friday afternoon with Spirit Airlines. Cade and I have flown Spirit once before but I am officially a fan now. The staff is overly friendly (and hilarious!) and the service is unmatched, in my opinion.

I arranged for Cade and I to stay at The Saint hotel (Autograph Collection)  and for Kris, Sam and Bradley to stay at Royal St. Charles. Both hotels were in a good area of town and in proximity to some great places! Not only that, but our hotel was dead silent all night long. Since it is New Orleans and all, I was a little worried that we wouldn't have a good nights' sleep. I was SO wrong!

They also had larger than life mirrors that begged to be photographed! 


Our first stop was at The Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel. I had the Gin Fiz (pictured immediately below) and Cade had the... Sazerac, of course! Someone had to.



It took us way longer than I want to admit to remember that we can legally carry alcohol on the streets. But we did our best to make up for lost time by grabbing a drink whilst being tourists! Pictured here is my handsome as heck husband drinking a beer, in a lively city, while enjoying the start of our vacation. Does it get any better?


...and naturally I had to try the famous daiquiris! 




If you've been to New Orleans then I'll assume you've been to Cafe Du Monde. If you haven't been to the city, but want to go then add this place to your list! If you have been to New Orleans... and you haven't been to Cafe Du Monde then go back up to that Spirit link - buy the first ticket that you can, and get yourself here! The five of us each had a frozen cafe au lait and split three orders of Beignets! Best breakfast you'll have in the south!



I know this doesn't look very appetizing, but hear me out. They are canned figs and they are incredible! For dinner one night we had figs over hot cornbread covered in milk. It's so good! This is definitely one of those things that you can't knock until you've tried it... and even then I don't think you'd knock it! 



A trip back home wouldn't be complete with a meal at Little Big Cup. They have a brunch buffet that would win best brunch in the galaxy if there were such an award! 



My dad and mawmaw!


My dad and I!


I don't think anyone lives in this house, but it looked eerie and neat... so I snapped a quick photo! 



A birthday celebration for the mawmaw!


Naturally I got her a very (non) serious card! It's a children's card that I "edited" into an adult version! It went better than I ever thought it would - we laughed, we cried, and we ran out of breath. If you're ever stuck in a rut when buying cards; remember that you can always make your own! 


Oh, I bought her duck tape for her gift in an effort to keep my dad from acting up around here when I'm not around! Hopefully she'll put it to good use (LOL!)



One of the better meals we had while in Louisiana was enjoyed at Bon Temps.


Frog Legs! 


Alligator! 


SAMANTRA! (my baby sister and the sweetest, kindest soul.)


Kris!! Talk about a motivated individual. She is essentially managing a growing business ALL.BY.HERSELF. Should I repeat that? All by herself. You can read up on what she's doing here.




The trip was fun, the family time wasn't enough (obviously) and the food was amazing... but coming home to our little dude was good for our hearts. We missed Frankie and if his excitement told us anything then it shouted that he missed us too. Traveling is always fun, but we love coming home to him!



No comments:

Post a Comment