Tuesday, August 28, 2018

camping in mohican.


A few insane things happened this particular weekend... One is that I camped in that ^^ orange and gray tent with NO power, NO cell phone reception and most importantly NO white noise machine to put me into a sound and peaceful sleep each night. Also, by the time I got home after a couple days of being here, I think I was running on less than 8 hours of sleep for the entire weekend. Everything smelled bad (including myself) and it was an honest struggle to figure out what was going to come first - a nap or shower. 

I say all of that to tell you that it was the best weekend of my summer so far and I would go back and do it all over again in a heart beat! 

Here's another crazy thing - I camped with 9 of my very best friends. There were a lot of laughs, embarrassing stories, teamwork during breakfast AND campfire shenanigans. It was a pretty gray and rainy weekend so I couldn't have my camera out as much as I would've liked to so please accept the combination of Canon DSLR pictures as well as some iPhone ones. It's not so much the quality of the photos as much as it's the quality of the great time we had!


First thing first, coffee. (and maybe even coffee with a little something else!)



We miraculously left the fire going for the entirety of our weekend! Even rain couldn't put out our flame.

WARNING: Breakfast photos may cause you to be very hungry for a big, greasy and overly fulfilling breakfast.






During the day we tubed ... five miles, I think? Anyway, probably not the best day for tubing considering the mass thunderstorms (lots of lightning!!) but we made the best of it! At one point the storm was so bad that we had no choice other than to hide out under a tree... in the water... while it was lightning! I'm pleased to tell you that it was one of the better parts of my trip though. So much fun!



Then the day time campfire hangs lead to the nighttime campfire hangs...



My view in the tent each morning...


My views outside of the tent each morning...



I know I joked up there about what I didn't think I could live without while camping but truly, camping is a great memory from my childhood. Getting to be apart of this weekend was nostalgia on so many levels and to do it with great friends was amazing! Next year can't come soon enough but it won't stop me from asking if we can do it again every weekend until then.


The whole gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment