Wednesday, October 4, 2017

My opinion on soy sauce. [A challenge by Cade]




I don't know if it's because I'm a sucker for girl scout cookies and boy scout popcorn, or if it's that I just don't know how to say "no" to them. Or maybe it's because I've literally been there (done that) and anything younger than 18 is too early to know that kind of rejection... But I have YET to say "no, thank you" to a kid that offers me girl scout cookies or boy scout popcorn. I know what you're thinking right now - what does this have to do with soy sauce? Well, [your name here], Cade so kindly challenged me to write creatively with no event, or planned topic. Just write. He'd give me a subject and I had to write... right then and there. (OK, I made the last part up because he gave me this challenge over dinner and I had a mouth full of pasta at the time and was no where near my laptop.) Anyway, I couldn't say no. But of course, as all marriages go, I turned it into a compromise. Cause why would I just do something willy-nilly with nothing in return? SO, that illustration up there ^^ yeah, that was his part of the bargain. I think it worked out pretty fairly.

OK, so back to soy sauce. Here's the thing - I love it. When we go to Japanese or Chinese restaurants I usually double up on the soy sauce. Sorry to any Yum Yum sauce fans, not my cup of sauce. Also, with sushi!! It's so funny because two things I have to have with sushi is soy sauce and a lemon. Which kind of sound terrible alone together. But it's like heaven when combined over sushi. 

So my opinion is a good one for soy sauce. I'd prefer the sodium one, but my heart and body tell me I should get the low-sodium kind. HEALTH, AM I RIGHT?  

Should this post be all about soy sauce? Probably not. So let me say this; I read a book ... I mean, I am in the middle of reading a book that says, when writing, I need to make sure that what I'm writing is interesting to the reader. I hope this quick read has been interesting, but I also wanted to let you know that while this may be my blog, with my words and silly thoughts, I do it for you. I enjoy sharing the good parts of my days and I really enjoy writing.  I know I joked about it waaaay back at the beginning of this post, but I like the idea of these writing challenges from Cade. There's a whole list of reasons why, but mostly because I tend to be someone who has to put a lot of thought into what I'm posting or writing about, so to write something on the spot is a little nerve-wracking. It'll be good though. For me, and hopefully for you! I promise to keep it interesting as long as Cade promises to choose interesting topics. (Hopefully he doesn't ask me about my thoughts on climate change, or what wood is best to build an entertainment center) ... Also! don't be afraid to challenge me as well. I'm always up for something fun! 

Take care, be well, and buy the darn cookies and popcorn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment