Friday, August 11, 2017

Life lately (and an update on my health!)

Howdy there! Thanks for following along. I'm really, genuinely enjoying blogging more. I think I like to write anyway, and I'm a nervous over-sharer that hates posting on social media too much. So this is working out quite nice! 

Anyway, I wanted to take a quick minute to share some updates on what I posted about a couple weeks ago with my new "lifestyle change". I'm still sticking to it, both diet-wise and exer-wise (hehe! see what I did there?). So far, I am noticing that I'm sleeping SO much better and waking up SO much easier. I don't have heavy eyes with the groggy feeling in the morning (or afternoon for that matter). I'm moving much more than I ever have. I don't try to combine trips to the printer, and outgoing mail box with my potty breaks and/or having to chat with someone. I'm just getting up whenever I think about something without putting any thought behind it. I can fit into clothes that haven't fit at all, or right in years... Oh, and I've lost 22 lbs.


But I want to give credit to the real hero in this journey... My man, and master of patience: Cade. I wanted to eat more of a plant based diet, BOOM! He's walking through the grocery store with me grabbing ingredients to make cauliflower quinoa for dinner. I want to completely eliminate red meat from our diet? BOOM, we eat black rice burgers for dinner instead of hamburgers. I want to start working out several times a week? BOOM, he made a big sign writing out a entire 30 minutes of intense exercise from his running days. I want to lay in bed 30-45 minutes before I go to sleep to shut out any screen time and just read? BOOM, he's right there next to me while I read my book and he draws. Honest to goodness, I fully intended on doing this regardless of the support I received, but to have someone there for you and right next to you in every step of the way is incredible. So yeah, I'm feeling better both mentally and physically, but I am also learning and finding something new to appreciate every day. So, thanks Cade! (and sorry, but your spotlight is now shifting to something else :P)


I plan on posting more meals or certain foods that I'm enjoying, but these were already in my saved photos so I erred on the side of convenience. More to share soon! 







We made our own rosemary sweet potato fries and they were perfect. 


Here's my (earlier mentioned) black rice burger. I topped it with tomatoes, lettuce and avocado on a piece of Dave's Killer 21 grain bread. 


I think Taco's are pieces of heaven here on earth. If you disagree then that's fine, I'll still love you anyway. Just with a little bit of pity thrown in there :P


YEAH, I know I've already posted this, but I haven't found it since I've had it back on that day and I'm about this close (-) to emailing Health Ade and asking them to just ship me 24 bottles to have all to myself. THIS CLOSE GUYS.


I'm a sucker for a good dessert that isn't terrible for you. So these pretty quickly won me over along with the eating evolved chocolate cups (below).



So, that is all for today. Cade and I have exciting plans to explore Cleveland this weekend so of course, I already can't wait to share it with you.


Have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment