Friday, September 1, 2017

Let's jam! (Figgy stonefruit) [we cook!]


Howdy, hey there! Remember in my other post where I talked about how I made a jam and I wanted to talk about it more in it's own post? Yeah, this is it! 

OK, so if I had to pick one fruit that held the most nostalgia and meaning to my childhood then I think I'd pick the fig. I remember my summers in Louisiana and eating figs all. the. time. Just pick them fresh and bite in to them right then and there. Nothing beats a fresh fig eeeexxceeept for my pawpaw's fresh fig jam (or preserve) over cornbread with some milk. I think that would be my last meal if there ever were one. Incredible and I'd encourage everyone to eat it at least 100 times in their lifetime. You won't regret it! 

Enough of my ramblin's... Let's jam! 


This kind of ties in to the mead that Cade and Ryan made, I ended up using some of the leftover fruits to add to my jam. They used a hybrid of cherries and plums, with plumcots and peaches! 


I added them to the sugary water that I made (all by myself, yes!) and waited for them to boil. Once that happened I reduced the heat and let them hang out in there for about an hour. 

After that, I let them cool on the counter then threw it all in the blender for a quick 5 seconds (just enough to make it not so super chunky) and then poured them into cute little mason jars! Voila! I had jam.



I liked loved making this. It's such a great feeling knowing exactly what you're putting in your body. Throw this over a nice piece of sprouted bread and you've got yourself a good, guilt free snack! I'm already brainstorming for more jam ideas. Can someone fund my stay-at-home-dog-mom-and-jam-chef lifestyle?


No comments:

Post a Comment