Saturday, September 2, 2017

Wade Oval w/ The Ohio Weather Band!

Oh, hey Kelsi! (and the Ohio Weather Band,)

Apparently during the summer (between Memorial Day and Labor Day) Wade Oval park near University Square hosts live music with food trucks on Wednesday nights. It's BYOB, and the atmosphere is crazy relaxing and exactly what you'd picture for a summer evening in the park. Unfortunately, I found out about it too late and was only able to catch the last one of the summer this year. I fully intend on going back as much as I can next summer though! This night was one to remember and I loved every single minute of it. 



I brought a bottle of wine and then forced everyone to do a "clinking" photo with me. They "happily" obliged :P 




There were so many food options to choose from but walking through them all I saw Turkey Sandwich from Slyman's Deli and had to have it. I've only ever heard of them, so finally getting to try them was more than I could've imagined. SO GOOD. Again, pair it with wine in a park on a nice summer evening and it doesn't even seem like a real thing that people can do in this lifetime.



Of course, Mitchell's! This was black raspberry chocolate and I still haven't stopped talking about it. 





Kelsi got this beautiful artisanal, handcrafted flower crown (joking, of course.. it was a neon, light-up one) and swapped hats with the bassist during the last performance. Doesn't he just look like the perfect angel bassist with that crown?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment