Thursday, September 14, 2017

Western Reserve Meadery [Cleveland Series]

OK, so many things have been established in my lifetime. Of those many things, two are that I love talking to people and making new friends (all the time), and also that I enjoy a good glass of mead. This past Friday night, I got to do both of those! And the cherry on top was that it was during a date night with my mister. Lucky me, lucky me! We went to have a quick drink at Forest City Brewery and on our way back to the car, we stopped in at Western Reserve Meadery. Honest to goodness, I intended to have one quick drink to try their mead and it turned into an hour+ visit, chatting with the co-founder (owner? creator? master of mead?) Jason. He let me sample every mead they had, and chatted with us about some upcoming meads they're releasing, as well as some events they have coming up. Of course, I had to photograph the beauty of the place... Which, by the way, was all hand made by Jason himself! He's a wood worker and a good one at that. See what I'm talking about below...


I would recommend trying them all. If I'm being honest.


The Hefe-Mel was quite a unique one. It's a sparkling mead and has a very refreshing taste to it! I had it at Forest City before we stopped by at WRM!


(psst!.. I went home with this bottle.)


ALL HAND MADE. Can you believe it? If you're ever in the area then you should absolutely stop by and appreciate everything this shop is. Truly... their hard work should be recognized!



I know what you're thinking and yes... He made that handle too. I know!?! Right?


Just Jason (the mead-genius) and Cade (the husband) chatting about meads. Aren't genuinely good people that can hold great conversations the best? 

Thanks for the Friday night date night, sir Cade. And thanks for the tour, samples, and conversation, Jason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment