Friday, January 26, 2018

thank you.



Vulnerability is like walking through an empty, dark street in the middle of the night. It might lead to disaster, but it'll probably lead to something beautiful from the strength you gain in the end.

My last post was one of those things where I wasn’t entirely sure that I was mentally ready to click “submit” yet, or ever really. But then I did and right after that my phone rang. It was a call from a lifetime best friend (soul mate, to be more specific) and I completely wiped the memory of that post from my mind. We chatted like girlfriends do and when I hung up I watched the screen of my phone drop one notification after another and then, I was reminded again. I set my phone down and had a conversation with Cade. It was about how the post was personal and I didn’t want anyone to take it the wrong way, but I also wanted people to truly know how I felt. We proceeded to eat dinner and clean the kitchen… I handed my day over to the comfort of my couch and only then did I pick my phone up and look at those notifications.

My heart swelled and there was a huge sigh of relief that followed. I felt loved and encompassed by goodness and most importantly, I made it through that dark alley and felt secure.

Here’s the thing though, those of you who reached out in any form to share your thoughts, weren’t just speaking to me in a way that relates to my post, but it shows who you are as a person. Not only was I reminded that I wasn’t alone but to my surprise, I was also shown that that there are so many good people that I am surrounded by. It's not that I didn’t already know this, but it reassured me. Because of your kind words, and your testimonies to your own life, I feel more comfortable.

I’ve said it many times, but, I enjoy writing in my little corner of the internet through this blog. Creating posts, and looking up synonyms to words I fear that I use too much, and forming sentences from those words. It brings me joy and satisfaction. In a weird way, I feel like I’m contributing a part of myself to this world. 

More than anything though, I love the feedback and support that I receive. I love being reminded of the good people here, in my lifetime. And there are a lot of good people here. I appreciate you. Thank you for the kind words and support in any form. It doesn't go unnoticed and it means more to me that I can comprehend, or explain.


No comments:

Post a Comment