Monday, January 22, 2018

here's what creativity means to me.


I had a teacher tell me one time that my creative writing must have been taken as a joke and that it wasn't art. It was something about Rocky Balboa being stranded in the middle of a field and digging his way to China to find people... I can't remember, but I know it was funny. And it was creative! I'm not bitter or anything (can you tell I hold a good grudge, sometimes?). 

Ok, so anyway... If you know me, then you know I'm married to a wickedly creative genius and even though he never, ever, under any circumstances means to be, he can be intimidating! If you sit in front of him and watch him draw, or paint, or create something, you become mesmerized. It's some kind of magic. And then, at least for me, I'll try to draw something and it's comparable to a mess that Frankie would make in a mud pit. What I'm trying to say, is that Frankie makes some really beautiful messes, ha! 

But here's the real thing... creativity can be anything! And if you feel confident in it, and you enjoy what you're doing then KEEP DOING IT! Don't compare it, don't criticize it too much, but just relish in the feeling that it gives you.

Here goes it - I love photography! I follow many photographers, I always click on photography links when browsing the web and I'm constantly seeing, or thinking of opportunities to photograph my every day life. I'm not a professional and I, by no means, provide, or sell the best thing you'll have ever seen. But I enjoy it so much that it's become a consistency in my life, which is saying something for this serial hobbyist. But, just like many others, I compare, and critique my own work so much that I convince myself it's not that good. So maybe the color doesn't pop the way I want it to, and maybe the lines aren't as sharp as they should... Maybe I photographed everything under the wrong setting and now the photos are grainy. (definitely been there, done that!) But when I look back at some of my favorite photograph's, after the fact, I'm proud of them! And I guess I really don't need a critic, or an audience to tell me otherwise. I'm really trying to worry less about how others might perceive something and just focus on how it makes me feel... So, with that being said, here are some of my personal favorite photographs that I've snapped. Whether I like it for the quality of the work, or the meaning... whatever it is; I'm putting it out there. And you should too! If you love it, and it makes you happy, then show the world! We want to see it. Few things make me happier then seeing other people happy. You'd be hard press to find an angry Renee in happy company. It's just not me. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment