Friday, January 5, 2018

let's negotiate for longer weekends. [links]





Happy weekend! 

Don't mind me. I am just clinging on to the only memories that remain of warmer weather over here... It is currently five (yeah, like, as in, 1, 2, 3, 4, FIVE) degrees right now. But enough about the weather! 

Well, hear me out... One more thing about the weather and then I am done. The BOMB.

In my last post I opened up about my current obsession with Netflix's "The Crown" and then I saw this. Some of those are crazy accurate! Personally, my favorite character from the show is John Lithgow as Winston Churchill. Bravo! I thought he was tremendous. 

Here's a couple of my favorite things lately: 

FIRST, and most important of them all - Cade gave me the best, most exciting and thoughtful Christmas gift: 23 and me DNA Genetics testing. I already mailed it back and can't wait to get the results!

Last weekend I purchased this super affordable foot stool for our living room and ... it really ties the room together. (JK, kind of.. Get it, though?) Anyway, for $20 it's sturdy and does the job. Plus, it's pretty cute, too.

(!!) Current FAV cocktail alert (!!) Either a.) grapefruit juice (100% grapefruit juice.. nothing sugary) and vodka (with a smidge of salt) ... or ... cucumber vodka with soda water (la croix is an excellent choice!) and a splash of lime. 

Plain vodka is always Tito's and cucumber vodka is the flavored Effen

I know I've already mentioned it on here, but everything in this collection is a need. My personal collection is growing nicely already. Oh, and speaking of (!) - they're having another baby! I loved the news and was really bummed when I read some of the nasty comments that people were leaving... Leave them alone! 

One of my favorite friends gave me a very thoughtful basket for Christmas which included this brand of tea and I am obsessed now. As someone who primarily drinks tea over coffee, I have a difficult time finding a black tea that gives me the right amount of energy (not too jittery, not too dull) and Paromi hits the spot, perfectly! 

I'm still on the fence about my over-all opinion of The Last Jedi, but this article does a good job of explaining critics vs. audience scores. I really, really, really LOVED certain scenes from it, but there was also a bit that I wasn't pleased with. 

Speaking of movies; Cade and I are going to see Jumanji tonight! 

...and finally; if you're like me then you're always interested with who wins the big movie/tv awards this time of year. Here are some Golden Globe predictions which will be revealed at the end of this weekend (but who's rushing?!). (psst: best TV series - drama is seriously impossible to choose from. Wow!)

Ok, enjoy the weekend! I hope it moves slow and you enjoy it all. 

Much love! 




No comments:

Post a Comment