Sunday, January 26, 2014

English Roast!

See, I told you I didn't forget about these recipes. I'll have to post two this week. No problem... (I think...)

I got a crock pot for Christmas and I really do wish that I could make every single meal in that thing. It's so simple and turns out so delicious!

For this recipe we made an English Roast with potatoes and carrots. 

What you'll need:

An English Roast (Psst... Cade works at Giant Eagle and sometimes, if you're lucky, you can find them "Buy One Get One". That's what we do!)
Some Red Wine
Potatoes
Carrots
An Onion
Seasonings of your choice. 

We used ^^ Ground nutmeg, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Salt, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Black Pepper. Before you put the roast in the crock pot, use these as a dry rub and let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours (or over night).


Poor the red wine in the bottom of the crock pot. Just enough to cover the bottom.

Take your marinated English Roast and put it in the crock pot with the wine.

We waited a couple of hours to add the veggies so the roast was already a little cooked.

And viola! We started cooking it probably around.. 9:00am and ate around 6:00pm. It was so tender! We actually pulled it apart with a wooden spoon... So perfect!


See what I mean? SO simple!! I can't wait to find more recipes this simple and delicious! 

I'll be sure to let you know if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment