Thursday, February 22, 2018

a surprise getaway [day two]



Looking back now, it's crazy how much we fit in a two day span. But at no point did it feel rushed, or stressful... I guess that's what happens when someone plans the entire trip in great detail (thanks again, Cade!). 

On day two, we woke up and immediately got dressed for the day. No dilly-dally'ing or wasting time. It also could've had something to do with hunger, but let's pretend like we're just very motivated individuals who are always ready to get a new, great day started, ha! 

Breakfast! We went to the cutest, well-known cafe around - Fox in the Snow. We've been to a few other local, smaller places in Columbus and they are usually totally worth avoiding the crowds so this was an exception. But, in this case, we decided to go where everyone goes. We also got really lucky and a table opened up just as we placed our order so we took it immediately! 







We tried a few of the pastries, and Cade got their coffee while I got my chai latte. Everything was scrumptious and well made. In fact, I'm still dreaming of that strawberry pastry. 

After breakfast, it was still early so we decided to go to North Market and walk around. There were the most beautiful bouquets that I had to photograph (of course) and pretend that it was spring already. The lady who owns the shop was incredibly kind and even suggested that I move things around, or take the signs out so that I could really get the best photos. 






We also got a few (or several) new spices to add to our collection from the Spice Market! 





CHEEEEESE. I explained to the fellow behind the counter that we were travelling and that it probably wouldn't keep well in the car all day, but that everything looked so delicious. I then told him how much I love cheese, but because I tend to go on and on, I cut myself off. I bet he was very thankful for that! So I didn't get any, nor did I try any... But they sure look incredible, am I right?



And here are a few other photos I took at the North Market: 






So, fun fact: Did you know that I enjoy reading? PSYCH! It's been a show this whole time. Kidding, but do you know what's NOT a joke? The book loft in the German Village. THIRTY TWO rooms full of books. Books that you didn't even know could, should or would exist. Just books on top of books on top of books. Mostly all on sale, or at a small discount. I can't stress enough that it has every.single.book.you.could.possibly.imagine.




 "THE LAYERS!"






And, to nearly close off our trip to Columbus we, again, had to pay a visit to Hoof Hearted Brewing. We really love this place and they have yet to let us down. 










Lastly, and not pictured; our trip to IKEA! Yes, we walked the wrong way nearly our entire trip through the store, and yes those infamous Swedish meatballs didn't sit well with Cade or I and also, yes we got a lot more than we actually needed because "when in IKEA"... BUT most importantly, we WERE IN HEAVEN. The closest I have ever been to an IKEA was watching "500 Days of Summer" and that really doesn't count. So I was really looking forward to it and it did not disappoint. We got a few small furniture items, some pillows and pillow cases, candles, fake plants, ALL OF IT.

PHEW! I know this was only a couple of weeks ago, but I'm ready to go back! What a fun trip, and time well spent with my mister. As I mentioned in my last post, the photos are fun to look back on, but the conversation and the hand holding, and being away from everything are really what I loved most about the weekend. 

But for real, Cade... Can we go back now?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment