Wednesday, February 28, 2018

life lately.


I'm not entirely sure why, but I've been a little unmotivated to blog lately. I don't know if it's maybe the lack of something to write, or some other underlying reason that I haven't figure out yet. Regardless, I reminded myself this past weekend that I should really try to make a post at some point this week. 

So, without further adieu, please enjoy my "life lately" which is mainly just a bunch of random photos from my phone and some words to go along with them. TA-DA!

My mom got me the cutest little monthly/daily calendar and planner for Christmas and I made a point to write about my day, every day. It's been really great so far and I already love looking back to see if I can remember other details about that particular day. I've also made notes of certain things to keep track of, like, watering my plants, paying certain bills, etc. Organization is key, right?!




Speaking of plants - Now that the sun is trying a little harder to show itself (you're welcome anytime now, Spring!), I've been cleaning and nurturing my plants a little more. Over this past weekend, I had some one on one time with my ZZ plant and wiped each individual leaf with coconut oil. They look so shiny and healthy that even I started to question if this was a real plant... Don't be fooled though, it's real! 




Cade and I recently saw the movie Annihilation and it was beyond amazing. First off, Natalie Portman(!!!). Is that not enough for some of you? OK, fine. Very intriguing story line, beautiful cinematography, moves at a perfect pace (not too slow, not too fast) and just the perfect amount of thrill.  You'll be doing yourself a favor to grab some popcorn, a nice beverage and enjoying this movie. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but truth be told, I think this might be a movie that I watch over and over. 




Did I tell you about my new prints? I purchased a couple to add to our collection and I love them so much!

Meandering Mississippi # 11 from Parish Ink. A small, local Louisiana shop that we fell in love with a couple years ago when we visited. 

Vive La Louisiane by Aaron Draplin. Louisiana related again, but could you resist those groovy 70's tones and all the little phrases and quirks about the different towns/cities/parishes? Irresistible if you're asking me! 



I've been attempting new patterns and styles of crocheting lately and I have this really great idea in mind... I just need to make it come to life. I really hope I can get this figured out, ASAP but regardless... Crocheting is so relaxing and it gives me something to do! 



I've found my truly favorite home cooked meal. It's also very simple, and VERY cheap. Ready for this?... Quinoa, chicken, red pepper hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and feta cheese. Throw all of that in a dish and enjoy! The flavor, you guys. THE FLAVOR!



You know it's a good weekend for me when I get to spend some quality time with Lilah. Gosh, I love her so. The "older" she gets the more she develops into her own style and I really think she's going to be a force to be reckoned with. She has the happiest, most bubbly personality that instantly makes you smile, and her intelligence is really coming through. At 18 months, if you say "ready... ONE" she says "TWO, FREE!!!" very excitedly. You can't help but smile big and just kind of stare in complete and utter awe. Here we are hanging out under the dining room table while all the measly adults sit "properly" and eat lunch. 



And last, but not least; Cade and I took this past Monday off and we decided to be productive (grocery shopping... YAY!) and ventured over to the east side of Cleveland. While over there we went to breakfast AND lunch. Breakfast was at this cute little coffee shop and bakery called The Stone Oven. We got the pastries down to the left and some tea and coffee. Then, for lunch we went to Choolaah and I kiiiiiind of, maybe, ate my weight in Indian BBQ. I really can't help myself when I'm there. It's SO good. 


 


Whew, ok now that wasn't so difficult! Can you believe February is coming to an end?! I've already got my February book recap post nearly complete so be on the look-out for that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment