Tuesday, February 20, 2018

let's just stay home tonight.


I'm just going to cut straight to the point - I love being at home. I love peace and quiet in my house and I love cuddling up on the couch, under a blanket, after a long day and reading a book or watching TV/listening to a record, or simply just chatting with Cade. I also enjoy going out every now and then... Whether it's meeting up with friends or family for an occasion, or just Cade and I going out to dinner and/or an event. The majority of the time though, if I had my preference... I'd probably just stay home. It's funny, because I say that and then I'll protest sometimes that "I just really want to stay home and do nothing!" until I'm out, having fun and inevitably it leads to me saying something along the lines of being really happy that I decided to go out after all. Where that feeling went a few days later when I'm protesting to stay home again, I have no clue. Regardless, I'm a home-body.

Speaking, really quickly, of staying home.. Have you ever heard of this brand? I came across them a couple years ago and truly admire so much of what they sell. Plus, the name is perfect - "Stay Home Club"? SIGN ME UP.

OK, ok, ok. Back to my main point. Now, I'm no connoisseur of all things "on trend" when it comes to what I enjoy when staying home, but... here are some of my favorite things! 

BOOKS (or, not...)

I'm not going to get into books because I already have a whole post dedicated to that, so you can reference this post for those suggestions. I did have a fun idea from a friend about another book-related post though! I think I might go forward with that soon.

RECORDS

I got Cade a record player for his birthday and we've already taken so much advantage of having it. We got this brand of a turntable and it works great. Quality of product and sound are superb!

Violents
MGMT
OCS Modest Mouse (We didn't purchase this set, but have a few of their albums)


NETFLIX (or Amazon, or HBO, or Hulu) and ... relax. 

Here are a list of shows that we have thoroughly enjoyed watching and I am totally, 100% willing to suggest them.  

Game of Thrones on HBO -- OBVIOUSLY this had to be number one. Obviously.
Westworld on HBO -- Season two starts April 22! 
The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. Watch this and then say it with me "THE LAYERS!"
Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime
Goliath on Amazon Prime
Bob's Burgers - This airs on Fox, but we watch it on Hulu.

...and here is a list that I, personally, have enjoyed sans Cade.

The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. Season two begins April 25th! 
The Crown on Netflix, your majesty.
The Newsroom on HBO. This is a little older and no more new episodes or seasons... but a great show nonetheless! 

Ms Elaneous, let's do something different. Shall we? (see what I did there? No. OK..) Miscellaneous 

Fancy dinner night ~ This one is always fun and there is great reward at the end. All you have to do is find a meal with at least 100 steps and calculate who will do what without an argument ensuing and voila! You have made yourself a three course meal to enjoy at 8 in the evening. 

We love a good game night sometimes. We own a plethora of board games - Monopoly (traditional set AND Stranger Things), Battlefield, Scrabble, Connect Four, Guess Who... You name it, we (probably) got it.

Friends night! Sorry, is this selfish? I don't want to go out, so you come here. Eh, regardless. We love having company over and making dinner while hanging out. 

Artsy fartsy. Let's paint! We've been known, on occasion, to whip out our paints and canvases in hopes of creating something. 

Cleaning. LAME - I should remove this one, but I'm trying to be truthful here.

Last but not least, there are those random evenings where you make dinner, sit at the dinner table to enjoy said meal and a couple hours later you're still just sitting there.. having great conversation over a drink or two. What's that old saying? "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time". TRUE. Plus, sometimes those long, uninterrupted conversations with a person you admire, watching their face glow discussing their passions, or what they love, is truly worth more than anything else that could possibly be going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment