Wednesday, January 20, 2016

21 Days.



If it's true, and it indeed takes three weeks to form a habit, then I have officially formed my habit of no facebook/instagram/twitter for 2016. I still have 49 more weeks to go, but I've made it to the point of "forming a habit". Here's what I've learned/experienced so far!

1.) Are you pregnant yet or are you engaged yet?! Have you had your baby or did you break up? Guys, I know nothing over here except for what I'm being told. Admit it or not, but we are designed to love exciting or breaking news.

2.) Friends/Family from far away that I don't often get to see/talk to. I do miss this... I miss seeing their faces when they post pictures or knowing what they're up to when they shared stories/statuses.

3.) PHOTOGRAPHY & Hashtags! Okay, this is probably just a me thing, buuuuuut... My go-to way of researching somewhere quickly is to look up hashtags on IG (#zionnationalpark or #sydneyoperahouse) I really get a kick of exploring the pictures and seeing what people from all over the world are seeing... I know there is Google Image, but it's not as authentic.

AND to calm me down before I get too far into thinking I miss social media; the things I DON'T miss: 

1.) POLITICAL/SOCIAL RANTS. Hello! Just to be blunt, no matter what side of the spectrum you're ranting about - I don't care. #Trump2016, #Clinton2016 or #Bernie2016 - I'm not changing my mind. I form my own opinions based on facts and/or platforms that are not dominated by other opinionated people. By no means am I saying that you are wrong. I think you should stand up and speak out about whatever you believe, but I personally don't read them nor do I really care... So, there's that!

2.) "Like my depressing/"TMI" status so I can feel special" Yikes. Those people, amiright? Sorry you had a bad day... It happens though. 

3.) (Kind of related to # 2) Those pictures where someone says "I look super fat/ugly" on a caption of a photo. NO. If you felt that way, then why on earth would you share it? I call liar-face! 

Okay, this seems like it's getting mean and I don't think I'm a mean person... SO I'll stop. But really guys, Facebook is great to stay up to date with friends/family and share exciting things happening in your life... I don't think it's fair for someone to log-in and immediately feel anger or depression. 

ANYWAY - Life is awesome. I have bad days, I have amazing days and then I have so-so days but it's all good. I'm doing just fine without social media and I'm enjoying spending less time on my phone! Also, I have like... 70-75% battery at the end of every day which is kind of unheard of! 

Okay, to send you off - here is a photo of the clouds from last week. Mother Nature is a pretty amazing artist. I mean, she's no Cade Buckus, but she's good. I'll give her that! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment