Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My love for movies!

If I’m being totally honest, award season is kiiiiiiiiind of like a smaller, less family oriented Christmas for me. I love everything about them. I love seeing all the interesting movies up for nominations, I love seeing the stars and I really love watching in anticipation of whether my favorite movie/TV show is going to win an award or not. With that being said, since Cade and I have cancelled cable, we are really only watching Netflix/HBO and binge-watching “older” TV shows. (Our current favorite show to binge watch is 30 Rock) Also, I should add a quick note to let everyone know that over the past weekend, Cade and I successfully (and unashamedly) watched all SEVEN Star Wars. Yeah, you read that right. BOOM. Lazy weekends for the win.

I probably only have about 50 favorite movies... Narrowing it down to a top five or even 10 proves to be more difficult than it should be… But here are my current favorite movies.

5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall – This probably isn’t in a whole lot of “Top Movies” but this movie is one of those “comfort movies” to me… If I need a good laugh, or something to keep me distracted… This is my “go-to” and I can easily and flawlessly recite this entire movie. Sorry to everyone who’s ever watched it with me. “YOU SOUND LIKE YOU’RE FROM LONDON”

4. The Last Kiss - #ZachBraff (I wish I could just include Garden State & The Last Kiss tied for fourth. That would only be fair.)

3. V for Vendetta – Remember, remember the … first time I watched this movie and fell in love. HI NATALIE PORTMAN, I LOVE YOU!

2. Little Miss Sunshine – Since the first time I saw this movie I knew it would be a forever favorite. Steve Carrel stole my heart in this movie and now I have to see everything he’s in. Although, this movie holds the trophy, I still love him in most everything!

1. Pride & Prejudice – Hello Mr. Darcy! You stubborn, arrogant, manly, handsome, lovable creature you.  It took me way too long to finally sit down and watch this movie but this truly is a "better late than never" situation. I love everything about this movie. It’s the perfect length with the perfect cast. This has been my # 1 for a while and I can’t really see it changing any time soon.

So, there they are! My Top Five. I did it! 

I also really love Interstellar, Stuck in Love, Avengers (both of them), The Lego Movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love Jurassic Park, The Gift … See what I mean?! I can’t decide! There are too many good ones. Also, my sister and I recently went to the theaters and saw “Sisters” with Tina Fey & Amy Poehler and now I think that’ll be a favorite. I know other people have this problem so I don’t feel so alone here… I just hope they never stop making great movies! 

Oh, and also all of the Pirates of the Caribbean! OK, I’m done now. I think!


Happy Awards Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment