Saturday, October 3, 2015

Napa Trip - Part I

If you truly, truly love wine and want to have the most beautiful, wonderful wine experience then immediately miss wine and feel like your life will never be the same then you should get on a plane to Napa right now! I can't even tell you all how beautiful and fun and amazing Napa (or rather, St. Helena) was, but I'll try. Here goes!
Of course the trip HAD to start off at Duckhorn. Of course! If you're a wine friend of mine then I've probably only told you about how perfect Duckhorn wines are 100 times. If you haven't been graced by my obsession, then check them out right here!




I may have had a handful of these grapes. I don't think it's illegal or anything, but they were amazing so.. Worth it!


I didn't try these though.. Just picture-worthy!


They were ALL good. Maybe not the 2011 so much, but still. I'd probably drink it 'cause Duckhorn. Hello!

This was an actual castle from Italy. You can read about it here. If I'm being honest, go for the tour, not so much the wine. Amazing tour at Castello di Amorosa (Read about it here.)


This was at Del Dotto. Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about an amazing winery, with amazing employees (who love their job by the way), and AMAZING wine. Cade and I sipped (too much) wine in their cave room with the best sommelier name Simone. He was perfect and even talked me into trying a Pinot Noir that I surprisingly enjoyed! If you're curious, you can check them out here.
This is Dave. No big deal... Only he is the OWNER of the winery. Just snappin' pics with the owners. No big deal... Nothing to see here. Just move along. Don't even mind my sweaty, messy hair face. Just focus on the important part about how he is the owner and he has his arm around me.


Isn't John just the best model? We may have eaten these grapes. I can't fully remember because ... Del Dotto wines.
This is the Bed & Breakfast we stayed in (Black Rock Inn). It was in St. Helena and it was wonderful! If you go, stay here and eat some of Jeff's home-cooked delicious breakfasts. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with every single bite.


Beautiful setting. Really can't get over how amazing the scenery was here.

Caymus Vineyards


This was a HUGE deal to me. William Cole is a very small, personal winery. We attended a VIP event to uncork their 2012 Cabernet's as well as have a glass of the 2007 Cabs and a special surprise. Apparently the evening before the event, Bill (the owner) found a BARREL of their 2003 Cabernet which had not been bottled yet. They figured it would be a true delight (which it was) to serve this to the 60 people who attended the uncorking. Just an FYI - most Cabernet's are typically barreled for 21-36 months at the absolute most. This 2003 has been barreled for 12 YEARS. To say I was expecting extremely dry and bitter was an understatement. Fortunately, this wine was very tasty and smooth. You wouldn't believe it had been barreled for 12 years...

This is the owner of William Cole. If you're curious about this winery then you can read up here!




I think this is enough pictures and reading for the first post. I'll follow up with the next one soon! 

Take care and go drink a good glass of wine for me! 

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment