Saturday, October 10, 2015

Napa Pt. II

How soon is too soon to want to go back? Was getting on the plane in San Francisco to come home too soon? 

If I'm being totally honest, I was a little worried that Napa would be too fancy or that I would seem like a little bit of an outcast. Boy was I wrong! During my trip I said "Everyone in Napa is your temporary best friend" and that pretty much sums it up. Blame it on the wine or the beautiful setting but you can't, not smile while you're there. All you can do is take it all in, enjoy the taste of the best wines around and try your best to remember it all. That being said, I'm so glad I brought my camera and I'm so glad that I have this space to share my memories. These are memories I want to remember forever. So, when you see that obnoxious person snapping pictures of their menu at a fancy lunch, just keep that in mind ;)


This is Lori & Ron. We sat next to them at the William Cole event and let me just tell you... Lori is probably the most exciting person I talked to during my entire trip! When we sat down I popped out my camera to snap some pictures of the table and she IMMEDIATELY began re-arranging the flowers and glasses. She said they had to be perfect! Then she gave me her phone number to send her said pictures. I'm glad we chose these seats!

The whole gang! (John, Glenn, Karla, Me, and Cade)

This is Bill (the owner) pouring Cade a glass of 2003 barreled Cabernet. The OWNER is pouring Cade a glass of wine... That doesn't seem right, but apparently that is the type of guy Bill is.. He's a genuine good guy that has delicious wines that he's proud of. I like those kind of guys!

I think the group unanimously agreed that we thought the chocolate cupcakes would win ... until we tried the lemon ones. At that point it wasn't even a competition. Lemon - hands down! (the macaroons weren't terrible either!)







Thanks for following my Napa trip and checking the blog! I hope you enjoyed it and then I hope you potentially plan on going. It's definitely worth it!

(Saving the best for last) - Cade and I have to give a HUGE "Thank You" to my Aunt K and Glenn. Not only did they get us to Napa and treat us to a trip of a lifetime, but they made us feel so loved during the whole trip. I can't thank them enough and I may never be able to repay them but I promise to always try! Thanks guys... We love you both so much!
Renee & Cade

No comments:

Post a Comment