Wednesday, May 16, 2018

life lately [spring + mothers day]

Hello, hello! I don't know if it's because time hasn't been on my side lately, or maybe the motivation just hasn't been there... but my blog has certainly been collecting dust and that is a bummer! 

In the mean time, here are some snapshots from my life lately.


Lately I've been trying to use my time a little more wisely (painting/reading) instead of lounging around... It's been a lot of fun and actually a bit of a bonding experience for Cade and I. I don't know if you know this (sarcasm!) but Cade dabbles in "art stuff" now and then... I love his openness to help me, but even more so, he's so supportive and always compliments my work. What a guy, I've got. What a guy! Oh, also - we no longer have a dining room... It's a studio/plant nursery (DREAMY).


A couple Saturday's ago we got an early start on our day and went to get coffee, then stopped by Brookside Reservation to see the cherry blossoms. What a park, guys! On such a beautiful day too... You could get lost in peace here, I swear it! I think I could've stayed forever. 




This is a screenshot from a Snapchat I received... but how perfect is that big sister holding her little brother? Lilah is just too sweet and I can already tell that Leland is following in those same footsteps. He's so precious and it's hard not to squeeze them when I'm around. 


First book of the book club was a success! The story developed a little slow in some places where there were maybe over-exaggerated conversations, but overall, a great suspense leading up to the ending! Can't wait to chat about it in our Facebook group! 

Bonus: Reading in the park during my lunch break feels like so much more than a mid-day escape. The sun warming my skin and the water flowing in the background... a good story to keep my mind busy. I'm so glad I work so close to such a perfect spot.


Mother's Day shenanigans! First of all, I am overly blessed with the ladies who've come before me as the moms in this family. I know it's not a competition in any sort of the way, but if I am even an ounce as great as them then I'll feel lucky. These ladies have, without a doubt, made the world better place and it makes my heart flutter just knowing that I know them and that I get to share a life with them. Not to mention that my beautiful sister made me an aunt and for that, well... you can't possibly put that feeling into words or repay in any way. SO.IN.LOVE.


Lastly, another picture of a lilac (insert jazz hands). This spring, as every spring that's came before, is giving me life. The colors and scents are filling me with happiness and the warmth from the sun feels ever so comforting. Welcome, spring! I've been looking forward to you for so long. 



Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully I can get my butt in gear and finish some of these posts that I've been sitting on. In the meantime, enjoy the upcoming weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment