Wednesday, April 11, 2018

life lately.



I feel like there is so much to share that I don't even know where to begin. If I laid my planner out in front of you then I think the first question you'd ask is "...and when do you plan to relax?" (nervous laughter) ha!...ha! 

First and foremost; allow me to introduce you to my nephew, Leland!!! Born on April 10 clocking in at 7 lbs, 1oz. He and momma are healthy and oh so loved. 







I also can't not talk about his big sister, Lilah! She was the belle of the ball on Easter and gosh I love every single thing about her. She is everything.








Funny story... I play this "game" with her where I put her on my shoulders and I slowly lean back in increments while saying "DO... DO... DO..." and when I come forward I say a very high pitched "DOOOOOOOOO" which she LOVES. However, she now refers to me as "DO DO" when she sees me. Yeah, guys... doodoo. It's awesome! 



Cade and I went to Columbus for a quick day trip to see his momma and her husband this was on the trees in the German Village! I had to touch it to believe, and take a photo to prove it. Cleveland is still has gray and un-flowery as possible. Soon though... There is hope! 





Last Sunday, Cade and I went to the coldest baseball game in Cleveland history. We didn't know it at the time, but we did know that it was going to be cold! We made sure to wear extra, EXTRA layers and had our coozies in tow so that our fingers wouldn't freeze off. I'm happy to report that we stayed relatively warm and we even got to see a win by way of a walk-off! 




Here are some of my upcoming reads! I'm currently reading "How to Stop Time" and I've gotta say... a book hasn't made me feel this way in quite some time. The hours I spend not reading it come with a "what am I doing" type of feeling. It's incredibly good and I can't wait to share my thoughts in the April book recap. 



After a couple years of leaving my house plants alive and well, I decided to get a Fiddleleaf Fig. Trust me when I say these are an investment. I'm so very nervous about keeping her alive that I'm checking the soil twice a day and reading all the instructions available. I figure if I can keep her alive then I can keep anything alive! 



And finally... to close out this "life lately" post... I want to share this photo of my beaming, glowing and beautiful sister to say how incredibly proud I am of my her. Just a few hours ago I held her hand while adoring Leland and I'm still not over that high. She has given me two of the most precious and dear gifts that call me "aunt" (or doodoo) and she is such an incredible human... Truth be told, I never really thought that I would look up to her in such a grand way, but now, anything less wouldn't make sense. She is so much more to everyone who knows her than she needs to be and she is SO KIND. I have no doubt that she is going to be the best mom to Lilah and Leland and I already look forward to taking all of her advice when my times comes to have babies of my own. 

I love you so much. I love you so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment