Wednesday, November 22, 2017

thankful on thanksgiving eve.



Is it just me or is 2017 flying by? I feel like just a few weeks ago I was putting up all my Christmas (2016) decorations and growing more and more excited with every new Christmas song that came up on my playlist. Now I'm getting ready to do the same thing for this season! 

This past Sunday we had Thanksgiving at my parents house since they'll be travelling for the holiday. As I was sitting at the table looking at everyone, all I could think about is these wonderful, happy souls are my people... I always complain about how I never win in those random drawings, or the lottery but, really, when you think about it... I didn't get to choose my family and I won that. I won this life, with these people and that's better than anything else. They fill my heart and I am incredibly thankful for them!

I also wanted say "thank you" to you. Thank you for the beautiful and kind messages on my last post. I wrote that a couple months ago and was too nervous to share it for a few reasons. The most important one is that I thought "this is too much about me and what if no one relates a.k.a cares?" But you all proved me wrong. So thank you! It means more to me than you think. Truly.

It might be hard to believe, but blogging is intimidating. First of all, I overthink ev-er-y-thing. I read my posts over and over again until I can recite them. You wouldn't believe how many times I ask myself "am I using this word too much? should there be a comma there? is this a run-on sentence?, etc." I'm sure it's not healthy, but I want to make sure I'm giving you the best material to read. Which leads me to my next point: MATERIAL! Do you really want to read about how I watched the Cavs game last night? No. I mean, you can ask me about it and I'm happy to chat about it, but I'm not going to ask you to read about it.  It's basically a platform that I own and really want to please everyone with. But I want it to be personal and I want you to feel like we are the very best of friends when you read it. There are so many personalities out there and I have this strange urge to want to get along with all of you. I mean that too. 

So basically, what I'm saying is this... I hope you all are getting what I'm trying to convey with this blog. To be completely honest (and vulnerable) with you - I lose motivation too easily. That's one thing I really hate about myself. I need someone, or something to keep me honest. If I have that then it's smooth sailing and I'll stay there forever. I've been blogging weekly since July and your responses keep me coming back. I love the support I feel from it and I know we really are the very best of friends. It's hard to explain because this can seem kind of one sided considering I am the writer here, but I feel you when I'm writing my posts and I'm keeping you in mind. 

I'm thankful in a lot of ways, and you checking in every week to read is one of them. I very much enjoy writing  and I hope to keep writing for many, many years! So tomorrow, when I reflect on what I'm thankful for this year, I just want to let you know that one of those boxes on my list is going to be you, my friend! 

Happy Thanksgiving & I have it on good authority that calories don't count when the thanksgiving meal is enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment