Thursday, September 3, 2015

I hope Oprah & Bill read this.

"You were scared, but you still got here; don't forget that." - T. B LaBerge




But how often do you really test your boundaries? How many chances do you get to test them? I read or heard somewhere that Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates each have enough money that they could give everyone in the world $7 and still be the richest people in the world... Or something like that at least. Why don't they do that? Also, there's a lot of people who would probably refuse the $7 (such as- already wealthy people or maybe babies... What would they do with money anyway?) So, in that sense, maybe everyone could have more than $7 each. These are things I think of and this is why I need to write (or type, I really just type it all). My brain can only hold so much and if I write it down then I won't need to think of it anymore. Where was I going with this? How awesome is that quote at the top though? Okay, I remember.

I was talking to some work colleagues today and we were talking about traveling and adventures and I mentioned how I have never once in my life (yet) left the continental US. I want too, like really, really want too! I will, one day. I have this idea of going to the Mediterranean and eating pasta on a hill while sipping wine. I'm going to wear some light linen clothing and a big hat, then after I'm done eating pasta I'm going to just sit there and watch the water crash into the rocks. After I'm done with that I'm going to go to Amsterdam and take a stroll through the canal (is that what they even call it?). When I'm done there I'd like to go somewhere and get a crepe or delicious meal in France and I'll probably look at the Eiffel Tower and admire it, but I'd really need to get to that cafe so I could enjoy some more wine. Once I'm done in France then I'll hop over to Ireland and act like I'm going to try to finally drink Guinness but we all know that I'll probably make up some excuse for why I just don't want it... I'd also like to see a castle. When all is said and done I'll head back home, but how cool would it be to sail back home? It doesn't make any sense to do it this way, but I'd sail the long way home... Stop by Australia and see what that place is all about (and those great accents!).

Like I said, I am going to travel to all of these places one day. So, if Bill Gates & Oprah could dish out that money and a lot of people would just give me their $7 then I think I could make it happen. If that happened then I'd probably disregard my (slight) fear of traveling across the ocean.

Thanks in advance for the $7, by the way.

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment