Sunday, August 30, 2015

Good, exciting, changes!


ME! This is not some ultra-flattering photo, but it's one that I love.
Two quotes to keep in mind here:

1.)  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

2.) Comparison is the thief of joy. - Theodore Roosevelt

I had a conversation the other day with a very dear, sweet friend and we both discussed how maybe, sometimes... Regardless of what we say out-loud or how we act, we actually do care very much what people may think of us. I know, I know... I shouldn't care. I should just say "whatever, I am who I am!" and move on. I do that! On the outside... On the inside I secretly care and wonder what someone thinks or what someone is saying until either I forget about it OR until I am assured that it was nothing. Either way, that's the truth. So, there you go. I do care.

I want to stop and be this confident, secure outstanding woman that all these motivational quotes that I frequently read tell me I can or should be... Maybe (or rather - definitely) I will work on that. Because here's the thing - That friend that I had this conversation with, is so amazing, and strong and beautiful. I didn't put two and two together at the time but since then, and until now, I realize that if someone I dearly love, who means a lot to me says something that I don't agree with or I have no opinion on then nothing will change. I am still going to think the world of them. So, why shouldn't those same terms apply to me? (I know they probably do.) 

So, while I may continue to not be very outspoken about certain issues (politics, religion, my opinion on hot topics, etc...) I think I am going to be more of whoever I want to be or choose to be. I am going to stop caring about how I don't wear as dressy, flashy clothes all the time, or that I don't have this "perfect bod", or that I don't have some huge group of friends who go on these big fancy dates and show off this public, amazing life. Because I have AMAZING friends. I have a family that a lot of people would feel more than lucky to have. I have a husband who thinks I am dressy and flashy and that my "bod" is perfect just the way it is. I have a lot.. I have enough that if one person judges me for something they have no right to judge me for then they were never meant to be in life anyway. I have too much to worry about little things.

Okay, here's my point to this whole thing. All of that being said... I decided that maybe I want this blog to be who I am. What I see or feel. Not just pictures of trips, experiences, wonderful days... It can still be that, but this is my space. And the best part is - if you want to click on my link and read my words then you can! If you don't, then by all means, keep scrolling! I want to open myself up more in my writing, the creativity that I do have, my imagination and wherever it decides to take me. A working brain is truly a gift and you can make it whatever you want it to be. I want mine to be entertaining to say the least.

Side note, this is no example of anything personal going on in my life. I actually have nothing to be upset about or feel low about right now. Life is pretty stinking beautiful for me and I'm just going to try and keep it that way.

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment