Tuesday, June 26, 2018

a weekend in pittsburgh



I wouldn't say that I do anything incessantly... I am a fairly moderate person when it comes to habits or "rituals" but if there had to be a "thing" that I do a little too much - it would be taking photographs and/or videos. Our weekend in Pittsburgh supported this claim tenfold in a way that I am still trying to comprehend. I woke up on Saturday morning and deleted THIRTY EIGHT photos/videos from the concert we went too and I still had a dozen too many. It's the monster inside of me that I can't seem to put to rest. So, this blog entry will primarily be photo's! Maybe this way I can delete a little more from my phone ;) 

When we arrived in Pittsburgh we immediately found a place to eat. Starvation had no place in our fun-filled weekend so it was a top priority. Luckily for us, we did some research beforehand and figured that Southern Tier Brewing would be a "must-go". So, to Southern Tier we went. After we ate we made our way to the park across the street which also housed a Mr Rogers Memorial Statue. 








When we'd had our fair share of the park and the views it had to offer, we made our way to the airbnb (sadly, I did not snap a single photo). After that, we went out to the Church Brew Works and then headed toward the venue where the concert was.










Now, listen. I'm going to be completely honest with you all because that's what I'm all about... honesty. I might have had one too many drinks on this special weekend-vacation-celebratory night. With that being said, by the time the concert was over it was bed time. And I don't mean, "oh I'm tired and going to head back to rest" bedtime... I mean "I'm a threat to myself and humanity if I don't become secluded in my own comfort zone" bedtime. That meant that our first night in Pittsburgh came to a halt. We hailed the Lyft and made our way back to our airbnb (still bummed I don't have pictures. It was beautiful!)

DAY 2: I woke up feeling every mistake I made the night before and as a good joke was once told, I required two breakfasts. Oh to be (not as) young (as I once was on these types of night).

On day two we played it smart - no drinking. Not even a sip... Not even a Bloody Mary or Mimosa. And I mean all day too, not just the early part. It's what my body required and I was ever so happy to oblige (for once).

PITTSBURGH ART. We visited the Mattress Factory as well as the Andy Warhol Museum.

The Mattress Factory was four floors of unique displays which took us about an hour to get through. Very neat and we'd highly recommend visiting if you're in the area.




This was the first exhibit in the MF and in my opinion, the neatest! These were real-life plant varieties under special, multicolored lights. It was extremely trippy and in some parts a little confusing... I have a picture down below of the lights to give you a better idea. Very cool though! 




Not the best picture, but you get the idea. ^^



The walls were covered in this metallic lining that moved around with the air flow... Even standing perfectly still your body would be constantly moving all wonky.






And now, onto the Warhol Museum! This was seven floors and probably took us the better part of 2.5 hours.










This room was by far the best part of my day. I believe it was called "Silver Clouds" and I felt like a kid again. These big silver balloons just float throughout the room thanks to a little bit of helium and some constantly blowing fans. 








There you have it! Our quick, fun-filled weekend trip to Pittsburgh. Obviously there is still SO much more we want to see and explore so hopefully our next trip is sooner, rather than later. With it only being 2 hours away there's not many excuses to wait :) 

Thanks for reading along and I hope you're having a great summer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment