Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cruisin' to/through Mexico

As promised, here are some of the photos from our cruise to Mexico back in January (2017). This was a trip for the books. I think we had a total of 12 people in all (?) and everyone had the same goal in mind: VACATION HARD. We departed out of Miami and our first stop was supposed to be in the Grand Cayman Islands, however due to weather and the high tide, they couldn't get close enough to the shore, and they weren't able to send any boats out to tender us in. So sadly, we did not get to see anything that the island had to offer. I also heard from several people that this was the greatest island to tour, so it only adds insult to injury. Oh well! More islands to come and we were still on vacation! OK, stop number two: Roaton (Honduras). SURPRISE! Rain. All day.. Gray skies and a steady swoosh of rain and wind. Nothing like sitting under a tent, on a beach staring at cloudy water. Am I making this sound incredible or what?! (I know it sounds harsh, but there's a very happy ending). Stop number three: BELIZE aka Shady area where it's best you stay in the tourist-y areas. When we started to walk away from the tourist spots we noticed lots of men with big guns SO THERE'S THAT. Anyway, we had a great lunch at this little place (photo below) and hopped back on the boat. It was nice to be on solid ground for a couple hours though! 

Stop number four. The mother of them all, the beauty that made the entire trip 100% worth it... Cozumel! Wow guys. Got off the boat first thing in the morning and hopped in a van that took us to a beautiful resort. We sat on the beach all day drinking cerveza and enjoying the palm trees and crystal clear water. It was like a dream, but better. The water was clear as can be, even as far out as far as we could go. Before the trip, I told several people that my goal on this cruise was to sit on a beach in Mexico, have my toes in some white sand and stare out into crystal clear water. All of that with a beer in my hand. Cozumel did that and then some. It made me feel some kind of excitement and peace. It was magical. I could have lived in that day for a long time. 

So, all in all, the cruise was worth every penny. Obviously no one can control the weather and it's not worth getting upset with the agency you book through (even though I heard too many people doing so and asking for their money back). Would I go on a cruise again? Absolutely. Would I do this exact cruise again? No, I'd probably do a shorter cruise (4-5 days) and different parts of Mexico, or another country/area in general. 

Here are some of the photos from our cruise. I probably have more stored away somewhere, and I have fully intended on making a video, but this is what I've got for now. 

Enjoy!  





Departing from Miami and saying "can we just live here?"


Miami even smaller, and still having the same though. That sky though.


(Revert back to earlier statement about Grand Cayman)... This was our view. Oh, did I mention that our room was dead center in the front of the boat on the main floor (Lido deck, floor # 9). We got lucky, really, really, really lucky.




This was a photo of Roatan after we got back on the boat. Maybe not the most tropical/exotic photo of the island, but beautiful nonetheless.






They had a night specifically dedicated to the men and women who have fought for our country and it was beautiful. I cried like a baby and was so proud of my uncle and dad who are both standing up there.


My chicken and rice meal with a banana frozen daquiri. OK, take me back here please.


If Cade and I had to post ONE PICTURE to explain how we were feeling on vacation it would be this one. Note Cade's sunburned face and his broken sunglasses. Then there's me with a sleepy smile and long razzled hair. I'd take this again a million times though.


COZUMEL. See what I mean?








Street taco's because... when in Mexico one must. And boy were they good.






Half of the gang with Mr. I. The best of the best. Within one hour of our trip he had already memorized our names and our orders. Seriously, he's impressive.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment