Sunday, January 6, 2019

DC Recap! [mom + daughter date]


Hey there! Back towards the end of October the dearest mother and I went on a weekend getaway to Washington DC! There was no real rhyme or reason to the location other than the fact that we both LOVE history and sight seeing. We stayed in a great area and were able to get a lot done in our short 2 days there. 

I've shared some of the information below as well as pictures! Please enjoy and if the opportunity presents itself and you are able to do it then I'd HIGHLY suggest going on a random weekend trip with a parent. It was a blast! 

Where we stayed: 

Hilton Garden Inn

What we ate: 

Peet's Coffee
The Capital Burger
Fire Works Pizza
Wunder Garten
Magnolia Bakery
Blue Bottle Coffee

Where we went: 

The National Mall
Ford's Theatre
Arlington National Cemetery



No exaggeration here: this was the best burger EVER! I don't know what they do that stands out amongt the competition but it was so perfectly grilled and served. I was so full but also desperately wanting to order another one (or 6 to stash away).


My beautiful momma and I on our walk to Wunder Garten just after dropping off our bags and checking ourselves into the hotel! It was probably 100 yards away so it was destined that we start our trip here.


The next day was the sight seeing and history. It was a lot more of an emotional day than I thought it was going to be. Just to see where our country has been and what we, as American's, have accomplished. It's truly a beautiful thing and whether you want to see it or not, we're still that nation that is working together... In one form or another. 







I tend to go for a good sour beer if given the chance and I tried this one at Fire Works Pizza. The taste was incredible! Very sour and fruity without being too sweet. The only downside would be the carbonation. Otherwise, it was worth sharing! 


There ya have it! It was a great trip and while I've gone on many vacations with my mom, it's never been just the two of us. DC may have been our first trip but it definitely won't be our last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment