Monday, May 16, 2016

Findings & Readings.

So, I wrote this post in October and never published it. I just re-read it and I think I have to share it. I still love reading, and I still love getting recommendations. In fact, I think I am going to hop on Barnes & Noble right now to check out the newest, bestest books out there. Thanks past me! You inspired me without trying!

---

 Have you ever read a fiction book and felt like you were either the main character or like you were shadowing them around? I read The Girl on the Train and I actually believed that I could smell the scents she was referring to and I could see the eerie gray day in London even though I’d never been there before.  I started getting so involved in the book that every time I said “Okay, last page” it would turn into one more chapter and eventually, before I realized it I was done with the entire book in one day. If you like reading suspense-filled fiction then I would highly recommend this book.

Also, if Non-Fiction is your thing then you really need to read My Story by Elizabeth Smart. Her story and the details she describes are haunting… But to read everything she went through and all of the emotions she felt and know that she came out alive and stronger is just amazing. It’s inspiring to know there are women out there that strong. She doesn’t want pity parties and she never asked for anything… I (unfortunately, but realistically) know a lot of men and women who wouldn’t have handled her journey even 1% as well as she did.

I want to read more. I want to always have a new book on me… I want to read more than just a book a month… The idea of getting to experience something else in my mind where I can also add details or create and expand my imagination is so thrilling! I know I don’t often get comments on my posts, but I’m curious what you would recommend. If you want, please, give me a recommendation or tell me a style that you like to read and why.  

No comments:

Post a Comment