Monday, October 16, 2017

The dreamiest date night.


Just as I got home from work on Thursday and was putting on my comfy clothes, I got a call from Cade. He asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him that night. "YES!" I exclaimed over the phone as I'm buttoning my jeans back up. It takes a lot for me to prefer to wear work clothes over comfy clothes, but a date night is right up there as the main exception.

When he got home we played with Frankie outside for a little bit so that he could get the fun time in and exercise that he needed before we headed out. While standing outside I said "I'm not saying that I'm necessarily only hungry for pizza, but I was thinking about going  to Citizen Pie?" and he let out a little "psshht" followed by "that is exactly what I had in mind, too!". Does that mean we're meant?! Cause I kinda think so. But it could also just mean that Citizen Pie is really, that good.

So we ordered our dinner and sat at the bar. Between the delicious pizza and the guy completely mesmerizing us by how perfectly he made the pizzas, we didn't really say much. But it was perfect nonetheless! We finished dinner and went over to the best little secret in Ohio City - The Market Avenue Wine Bar. I had a 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet (my first one EVER in that year - worth all the hype) and Cade tried a Spanish red (which was, like, mouth watering-ly flavorful and nearly perfect in every way). It should also be noted that Madeline (our waitress) is a Sommelier and all I wanted was for her to sit down with us and just talk about it all night while perfectly pronouncing all the different regions that the wines come from and their respective names. So, I guess we were mesmerized by two people during this particular night.

When the date night came to a close and we headed to our car, I noticed that the streets were empty but it was so beautiful. The house lights were on, and the hanging bulbs from those upstairs decks/porches made it seem like something out a movie. I know I brag on Cleveland a lot, but crowded streets or empty streets, this town has it going on. 







I live for these dreamy date nights and the handsome man that I get to call my husband. The guy who stops at the drop of a dime when I absolutely have to take this photo, and the guy who enjoys a nice glass of wine with me (he has a better palette than I do, by the way). I don't know what kind of spell I put on him to make him love me, but I hope it never wears off. And if it does, I hope he's been convinced enough to stay with me anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment